


After weeks of him closely watching all of the food go from plates to mouths at the dinner table, we gave Elias rice cereal for the first time last night. By the second bite, he was opening up and swishing that cereal down. I think he just may be a baby genius in the eating area. (His 18 lbs, 6 oz girth is a testament to that.) We were all so happy and proud of him and Sydney kept cheering, "Good job, buddy!" after most bites. It was kind of our evening entertainment..
Despite my happiness that he is learning new things and doing so well, him starting to eat food that I don't directly provide makes me kind of sad. Motherhood is so weird that way. I want him to grow and be independent, but those quiet moments of nursing throughout the day are some of my most treasured times as a mama and I hate to see them fade away. For now I will focus on being so proud of my big boy eater.
1 comment:
I totally know what you mean - if we are good at our job, we retire ourselves! He is so cute, I want to gobble him up.
Post a Comment