Friday, January 8, 2010


I'd like to have a time machine. Not so I can have coffee with Hemingway or Jane Austen, but so I can visit my babies when they were tiny. With Sydney's recent birthday, I have been struck hard with nostalgia. I pulled out her baby book and discovered a page I had somehow missed that asked for the funniest stories from when she was 1. I almost cried because I hadn't filled it out when the memories were fresh. No, seriously, I almost cried for real. Then I was peeking at my measley pictures on facebook and was looking at Sydney in her 20-month chub and cuteness and I serioulsy started to consider time travel. I won't miss the nights up with babies, but why oh why must these years go so fast?
.
Speaking of too fast, Mr. Elias turned 7 months old on January 2nd. My sister has named him "Elias the wonder baby" while we were together at Christmas and I kind of agree. If I felt good about cloning, I would clone him and give him out as Christmas gifts. He is ridiculously happy and sweet. He pretty much only cries if he's been bonked or if it's the middle of the night and he'd rather be by his mama than all alone in his bed. He's sitting up big (my secret Christmas goal, which he was sweet to indulge me with) and will sit and play and talk for nice long stretches of time. He loves all food he's tasted, loves to play with the kitchen aid and the toaster, and he love love loves his big sister. I absolutely love watching them play together and read together. Who knew they'd be such great entertainment for each other? My tiny boy who weighed 6 lbs 9 1/2 ounces when he was born is now over 20 pounds! No wonder I'm so tired. No wonder I'm so hungry.
.
I'm going to google time travel now and see what I can come up with...

1 comment:

TheFiveDays said...

I have been thinking the exact same things lately since my little Sydney is now 2 1/2. Sigh. They are babies for such a short time!! But I think you should take comfort in the fact that you seem to be taking much of it in and not for granted. There are *always* going to be things we miss, unfortunately. You have to be living life in addition to documenting it! sigh...