Sometimes I almost like being sick. I know, it sounds crazy. But, I love the excuse to sip tea all day, stay in my jammies all day, leave my hair crazy and feel no compulsion to create anything, clean anything or generally be productive in any way.
My doctor says it's a sinus infection, so I am now armed with antibiotics and steriods. So far, I am not feeling the magic.
Despite feeling wretched and having no voice, the good news is that I married a wonderful man who took Sydney to pre-school yesterday, when I was at my worst, and then carted Elias around with him to some jobsites and the building supply, while I lay in bed not moving until 10 am. It was awful; it was lovely.
My men came home with flowers for me, which Nick arranged into two vases: one on the table and one next to my favorite chair. Nick also came home with plans to make dinner. I love this man.
I still feel horrid, the kids are watching lots of pbs and we have no plans for real clothes in this house today. But, I am sitting in my chair, looking at a beautiful dusting of snow outside my window, armed with a wonderful book and praying for patience to get me through the day feeling miserable with my little peeps feeling perfectly wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment