Wednesday, July 6, 2011

summer baseball

PhotobucketPhotobucketI grew up on baseball--watching it on t.v., going to A's games, listening to highlights or the ends of games on the radio in the car in the church parking lot. My dad taught me to throw like a boy and I have great memories of playing catch in the waning summer light. So, even though my dad quit being a fan a long time ago due to the strikes, I still have this love of the game that lingers. I sometimes consider turning a game on while I make dinner, just to have the comforting summer sounds in the background.

So, it is quite handy that my dear friend Carli's hubs is a baseball coach. If Nick is working late, we'll pack up a picnic and go to the game or sometimes the games are in Colfax and we can watch the last few innings after nap. It's great because we don't really get to focus on the game with 4 little kids running around with bats and balls and trucks and excavators, but I get to hear the familiar sounds of baseball. I love it.
Photobucket
PhotobucketLast week or so, Sydney spent the night at Grandma's house, so Elias got to go to the game with just me and have the H boys all to himself. I'm pretty sure it was the highlight of his summer until we went to the pool with Daddy a few days ago.Photobucket

No comments: