Thursday, October 27, 2011

last weeks

PhotobucketI've been feeling a bit sentimental in my packing these last few weeks and am seeing all sorts of things through the lense of last. As in, this is the last Sunday morning that we'll run around crazy in the Treefort trying to make it to church on time; this is the last coffee cake I'll make in the Treefort; this could be the last "naptime" that I sit in the living room sipping tea while listening to my kids playing in their separate rooms using their high pitched creative play voices I love so much. Sometimes it's been good reflection time; sometimes it's just been pure silly sentimentality (ie the last coffee cake sniff). But I've been discovering that many of the last things here are simply being enjoyed and then later in the day I think, "Oh, that was probably the last time..."
Photobucket
Photobucket
In the midst of this crazy time we were blessed (and I'm not being sarcastic one bit) with three sets of visitors in just a handful of days. They were some of our most beloved people, people who have played a big role in creating so many happy memories here. Matt and Juli spent hours and hours here with us sharing meals, watching football, talking and talking, and once Sydney was here, hours admiring and playing with our baby girl. Her first real walking was back and forth in our kitchen from Matt to Juli, Juli to Matt. So, it was perfect that they came to visit with their beautiful baby girl in our last days here. My kids played baby for days and days after she left, they were so in love. Sydney is planning our visit to Portland to see them and she has packed her purses several times.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The next day, my parents came through on their way home from their Canadian hiking trip and my sis and her boys came over to help with the packing and moving. What a gift! My parents took turns chasing the four grandkids around the yard and inside we got an incredible amount of packing and moving done in about 24 hours. It is MUCH more fun to pack up your kitchen while chatting with your sis and mom. And my mom graciously cleaned out my fridge and cleaned off all of the kitchen cabinets. phew! This last week has been so much easier because I had so many helping hands here for a few days.

So, we are hovering in that in between time, excited for what is next and wistfully saying goodbye to what has been a great season of our lives. It was so great to have visitors to make some last memories with before we are off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And I suggest once you have moved out and on, don't go back for you may be very disappointed. No one takes care of a house like you do. See you real soon. Jim