Monday, June 23, 2008

Small Vacation

I promise my blog will not become a "today's hymn" blog, but seriously, sometimes there is nothing better than a well-chosen hymn. Yesterday we sang "His Eye is on the Sparrow (and I know He watches Me)" and I nearly busted out in a Sydney happy dance in church. It was a glorious morning with birds chirping, the windows open, the Palouse breezes blowing... ah (here is the tune if you need it). I just pulled up the tune website and Sydney is indeed doing a happy dance...
* * * * * *
Yesterday afternoon I decided to take some time off. I've realized that I've been way too focused and productive during Sydney's naps over the past few months and I need to take time to just be. So, yesterday afternoon I lay in the sun in my swimsuit (sunscreen and large trees to block unwanted rays and eyes) and read for two hours! This for me is the perfect vacation and I enjoyed every minute of it. My new book (The $64 Tomato) is soooo good and much needed since the past several books I've read have been a bit lame and uninspiring. Who knew that a book about gardening could make you nearly wet your pants due to giggles? Nick came out in his swimtrunks (I think we both need a vacation) and worked in the yard while I lay there completely unproductive (bless him). It was lovely. After Sydney's nap, she helped me plant the last of our flowers and then we took Phoebe out for a walk while Nick went and hit some golf balls. I think it was the perfect afternoon.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I am so glad you had such a nice and relaxing day! Nothing is better than getting out in the sun! I thought of you this morning as I went for a walk/run at the park. I wish you were here to go with me! Love you!