
Since we have been back from our trip to California, Sydney has fully discovered the joy of her toys and I have to say her timing could not be better. I'm feeling so sick some days I barely have the strength to move from room to room, much less haul miss Sydney with me. So, it has been a wonderful thing that Sydney can now wander off into her room or over to her toys in my sewing area and play and play and play. Her little people talk to each other, usually in falsesetto, and they go in and out of the doors of her house and for rides in the car carrier thing. For some reason, one of the characters is usually a mommy, because I will think I'm being paged, but she's happily playing away.
Her other favorite right now is the dolly that a girl from church gave her. Baby usually has to be in the room with us and has to go for car rides with us in her own baby seat. If Sydney gets her nose wiped, so does baby. If Sydney gets her pants changed, baby gets a good wipe down too. It's so cute to watch her play and her imagination blossom, and it is way better than tv when I can't peel myself off the couch (or floor).
I think we must give a bit of credit where credit is due for this new development. It is no accident that Sydney came home from California and discovered the joy of playing with her toys. She got to watch our play-all-by-himself expert, Micah, for a whole week. Several times during the week, Sydney would approach Micah's perfectly organized play and he would say, "Sydney, I play by my own" and so she would just watch. And learn apparently! yahoo and thank you Micah!
Her other favorite right now is the dolly that a girl from church gave her. Baby usually has to be in the room with us and has to go for car rides with us in her own baby seat. If Sydney gets her nose wiped, so does baby. If Sydney gets her pants changed, baby gets a good wipe down too. It's so cute to watch her play and her imagination blossom, and it is way better than tv when I can't peel myself off the couch (or floor).
I think we must give a bit of credit where credit is due for this new development. It is no accident that Sydney came home from California and discovered the joy of playing with her toys. She got to watch our play-all-by-himself expert, Micah, for a whole week. Several times during the week, Sydney would approach Micah's perfectly organized play and he would say, "Sydney, I play by my own" and so she would just watch. And learn apparently! yahoo and thank you Micah!
1 comment:
What a blessing! That IS wonderful timing. And what a cutie pie she is!!
I hope that you are feeling better VERY soon. I had all-day sickness for a long time with all my pregnancies and I just don't think people understand what it's like to live like that day after day unless they've done it themselves. Hang in there! You are in my prayers!
Post a Comment