Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Scenes from a Sunday

Sundays, since taking my extended sabbatical from teaching, have become my favorite day of the week. Daddy's home; I seem to feel like baking us something yummy for breakfast; we all get to hang out and relax and go for a lovely drive to church with Garrison Keilor entertaining us along the way and the afternoons seem more relaxing than any other day of the week. ah.
Homemade granola from a recipe on this blog by my good friend's fabulous sister. You must read it and make it all! She's so talented and hilarious! Our new front door. It doesn't open yet, but isn't it pretty?
Somebody walking "all by myself" after church in her pretty dress from Auntie Heather.


I also had a picture of my amazingly swollen feet by the end of the day, but it is fuzzy and ugly. I went a little crazy Sunday and made the granola and banana bread before church, then a huge vat of kale slaw and two loaves of bread in the afternoon. I don't know quite what I was thinking, but my feet were so very unhappy after the crazy round of food-nesting.


2 comments:

Sarah Murphy-Kangas said...

thanks for the shout-out, Tiffany! I hope all your kitchen craziness turned out beautifully and your feet are feeling better now :)--Sarah MK

Heather said...

Sydney looks so cute in the little blue dress! I'm glad it fits her! Your baking extravaganza sounds wonderful. Sorry your feet didn't enjoy it too much! It's hard to remember to rest and relax when the nesting instinct kicks in. I remember vacuuming under our bed the week before Levi was born. Probably not the best idea with a huge baby belly!