
(This Sunday was Elias' first Sunday in the nursery instead of in my lap, singing during the prayer and exclaiming in joy at the light coming in through the windows. I dressed him just like his daddy for the occasion.)I love finding reasons to have a little something special, a little celebration. I like making special desserts because it's Friday or because we are having some fancier than usual meal involving meat that Nick will clap over. I dress the kids special for silly things like the first time in the nursery. You should see me cheer at potty success and listen to my inner thoughts of dreaming up plans for something bigger when Sydney is dry and, well, not smelly, all of the time.
So, I don't care much for football, which is taken as sacrilegious in this neck of the woods. Someone always gets hurt and I think about his poor mama watching from home. In my vision she usually has a hankie that she is wringing. But, Nick told Sydney we were having a party on Sunday and that got the ball rolling for all of us getting excited about the Super Bowl. Nick bought two kinds of chips ("Look, Dad, chips and MORE CHIPS!") and I made mini honey garlic glazed meatballs that make Nick really happy. Sydney chimed in that she wanted a "pink party", which I translated as pink-frosted cupcakes. 

Elias took a nap on the way home from church, so he didn't want to go to sleep at the normal afternoon naptime. But, I learned that if you give that baby a biter biscuit, he is so happy for a really long time. Long enough for me to make cupcakes, mini meatballs, the bbq sauce to go on top and to frost the cupcakes. Oh biter biscuits, how I love you, even though my little man needs a serious scrub after he has you. 

We all snuggled up on the couch with our sparkly juice cocktails that Nick created and our two bowls of chips and had a fabulous time. I loved the excuse to be completely lazy with my little family and to eat junkie food all in the name of a party. I may become a football fan yet, if I can just stop thinking about the mamas.

4 comments:
That picture of Elias after the biter biscuit is priceless! LOL!! Glad you enjoyed the day!
Wow, those biter biscuits are AMAZING! Your cupcakes are totally cute. I was in Joannes today, thinking of you!
I love reading about your life, family, and what you think aboout Tif! I LOVE football, but I also feel bad for those boys' mama's...especially if they mess up!
Your little guy is so smiley. I love it! I also loved seeing Elias in the clothes I just sent. The picture of he and Nick getting ready for church in their matching outfits is just too cute! Love you...
Post a Comment