After my weeks of handwringing over my little girl starting pre-school, the first day was great! I really think having her dressed like a cute little school girl helped, because where else does a little girl dressed in tights, a skirt, a sweater and a backpack go on an early fall morning? to school!
This picture is my very favorite because it captures just how excited she was and I'm so glad that I could get my own emotions out of the way to really enjoy the big day for her. When we walked in the door one of the teachers yelled, "SYDNEY!" while strumming his guitar and I swear that leaving your baby with an adult who is excited to see her, makes it a lot easier. Sydney put her backpack in her cubby and immediately started playing, not at all worried about my whereabouts.
Elias and I snuck out the door to go on our errand playdate with Carli and Adrian and it was so weird to have our babies together in the backseat for an outing that we used to go on with the big kids together back there. But, the time flew by and I really enjoyed the time with just Elias to tend to as we visited the co-op, a park and a few stores.
I forgot to take pictures when we picked her up, but Sydney was grinning and absolutely filthy. (I think me and oxy clean are going to be even better friends in this new phase) She said her favorite part was "getting all dirty in the sandbox" and "dancing, but not bonking anybody over." I'm so excited for the new things she will learn independant of her mama, the new stories I'll get to hear from the backseat and to see her grow in a new place with new fabulous grown ups to love on her.
phew!
5 comments:
She looks so cute in her matching tights, shirt, and backpack! I'm so glad that it went well for all of you.
Oh, she is so darling! Glad it went well. It requires LOTS of deep breaths, doesn't it? Last night we had Carter's preschool Orientation meeting and the teacher read an excerpt from "Believing it All" by Marc Parent. Sobbed my eyes out! It was really good though. You should check it out!
Love the pics! Miss you!
Love the outfit!
Yay! Good job! Sophia started preschool this year too. I always feel like Sydney is so much older than So. Sophia on describing her new friend said, "She has short hair and short arms." Short arms?!
Post a Comment