Monday, November 12, 2007

Snot Patrol

This will be a pictureless post because pictures of the main byproduct of the common cold, even on cute little Sydney, just isn't pretty. She has her first full-fledged cold and it is so sad. She kind of wimpers most of the times that she tries to breath and has cried "mamamama" more times today than in her entire short life combined.

She has a continuous river of snot coming out her little nose, but shrieks and break dances every time she even sees the nose squeegie, so there is little I can do to stem the flow. She also hates kleenexes and freaks out when those come at her, so it's been an exciting couple of days around here. Right now she is happy and talking to Phoebe through the sliding glass door and showing her the pink golf ball. I'm ignoring her gooey upper lip for now.

About an hour ago, I had the tv on while I was folding laundry and after I told her not to take all the dvd's out of their nice stack, she was so hurt that she decided the only thing she could do that did not require crying was sit in my lap and watch The Bourne Identity on tv. She got a little happier after they got away in the car chase scene, so I set her down while I put away the laundry in her room. I heard her crawl into the living room and I thought it was so cute that she just decided to crawl back to her toys and play all by herself. Well, I was wrong. I came out of her room a minute later and found she had instead crawled to the dog food bowl in the kitchen and had a mouth full and two little fists full. yucky. I'm assuming dog food is non-toxic, but her breath is pretty awful.

So, I'm glad that this is our first real cold, because although she's kind of cute in her pitiful state, I'm not feeling so hot myself.

No comments: