Sydney and Nick as a very scary version of himself.For Sydney's first Halloween, we went trick-or-treating with Eliot and Grace and their chaperones, Sarah & Tim. I think it's the most fun I've had on Halloween since I was about 14 and Shalome and I dressed up and went trick or treating--our last hoorah.
It was so fun to go up on Thorn Hill with what seemed to be all of Colfax and walk around with family and visit friends with snacks and a fire, and get candy from strangers once again. We followed Eliot because at least he could walk and talk and look official. I tried to get Sydney to sign "please" but she just kind of stared open-mouthed at the nice people handing out crinkly stuff. We only got candy from about half the houses we went to, since we were feeling a little bad about using our baby for candy and after her bedtime, no less. But we had a lot of fun and Nick and I had a nice little candy splurge when we got home.
Sydney's favorite treat was the yellow pinwheel which she tried to eat on the way home and Nick was sure she was choking, so we had to pull over. (Really, she was jamming the stick end too far into her little mouth and coughing.) She would have enjoyed crinkling the wrappers on the candy had we saved her any.
No comments:
Post a Comment