Saturday, March 1, 2008

Little Fat Feet


If Sydney had more native American blood in her, Little Fat Feet would be her name. Nick calls them her little mallets, which is a pretty good description. They are quite cute and squishy, but the problem is I am now having a hard time finding shoes for little miss chubby toes. Some of my favorite shoes of hers have officially died, probably because they were designed as crib shoes, not crawl all over town and learn to walk shoes. She still wears size 2, which most babies wear in the neighborhood of 0-6 months, depending on the brand. In an effort to keep her in shoes, I kind of splurged on a used pair of pedipeds on ebay since her new fancy red pedipeds that she got for Christmas are the only shoes I am confident her little fat feet are comfortable in. Well, the new pair came in the mail today and guess what? They are too small--a little squoosh of fat puffs out the top of the shoe, even though she has plenty of room in there in every other way. What is a mother to do? Stuff the ends of shoes a size bigger?

On a related note, this new "I'm hungry" sign has become the bane of my existence and she's gotten more picky or something about the joys of eating. She loses interest in a meal (I'm thinking she is starting to get picky about food temp, perhaps?) and starts playing with her food oh so happily. But then we get down and go off to do something else and within half an hour she's signing "I'm hungry." I've been kind of ignoring her since it seems incredible that she could be this hungry this often, but as I type she is downing a fat piece of banana bread only an hour and a half after eating a good amount of a cheesy pasta casserole and mandarin oranges. Apparently all of these carbs are going straight to her little feet.

sick baby with awesome humidifier hair

coloring in her new kitty coloring book

2 comments:

Melissa Loves Color said...

Give Little Fat Feet a squeeze from me. Gianna LOVED looking at the pictures of Gracie and Syndney.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new pics of little Miss Sydney...and her fat feet! So adorable! Micah and I can relate as we both have short, wide feet. Micah is almost 3 and still wears a size 7 1/2 shoe. I have found that crocs and rain boots work well for wide feet!!! Payless Shoe source also sells wide shoes for kids. Give little Miss Chubby Toes a squeeze from us.

love you!