a terrible picture of the fun street fair and percussion band
so pretty
a different coffee shop, but the only one open on Sunday morning at 7 as we pulled loud Sydney out of the sleeping house
Nelson's main street is complete with a local newspaper
Sydney and much-loved Matt
our little family mid-hike
trying to escape a lovely photo by the water
We went to Nelson, B.C. for the 4th--an irony that didn't strike me until we were about to leave. I suppose we celebrated our freedom by freely leaving the country and going to a hippie enclave. (And, truth be told, I hate fireworks. I don't mind official shows that you watch for approximately half an hour, but in our small town, fireworks are shot off at all hours for about a week, driving our dog nuts and making us all feel as though we are in a war zone.) We loved it from our cute rental house to the charming shops to the street fair with an incredible marching band reminiscient of a drum circle. We also loved the yummy food, our 5 trips to the co-op, the amazing coffee shop at the end of the alley, fun little hikes, golfing for Nick...so much fun. And, it was even better shared with dear friends.
3 comments:
I love the photos! What a cute little town, and what a cute little family! What happened to Nick's beard??? I'm sure you were sad to see it go! Glad you guys had such a nice vacation. Now we can count down until Redfish...
I know I say this all the time but I really do have the cutest niece in the world! :)
H: Nick's beard (all of his hair, actually) fell victim to the razor a few weeks ago. I miss his head hair, but he's getting lots more kisses from S and I these days...
A: I'm always glad to hear you think miss Sydney is cute. :)
We can't wait to see you all so very soon!
Post a Comment