Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sydney turns 2 some more

I just can't get enough of this little girl's birthday. It seems she can't either. We just had a leftover cupcake for dessert and she insisted on blowing out a candle on it and at dinner she requested that Nick and I sing "Happy See You" to her before we ate the leftovers from our friend party last night.
She loved the 3rd celebration of her birthday and I think Nick and I enjoyed it nearly as much as she did. We have decided that the keys to a good toddler party are to invite kiddos with parents you really enjoy, to have lots of yummy adult snacks and drinks and to invite really nice kids. When everyone left last night, I just kept saying how much fun it all was. I loved being surrounded by good friends and seeing them all love on little miss Sydney and seeing Sydney run and dance with glee the whole time.
Sadly, several of Sydney's sweet girlfriends could not make the party, so we had a house full of boys. Luckily cousin Grace was here or it would have been Sydney and a pack of little men. I hope this is not a trend we are setting for her future, but my mom reminded me that all of my early pals were boys, so we'll see.

4 comments:

Sarri said...

Happy Birthday to your darling girl. It's so evident how much you are enjoying this chapter of your life! I can completely relate.

Oh, and Carter wanted to blow candles and sing for months! Luckily, since we were gone for his birthday, he got to celebrate from March to May, so he got his fill. :)

Elizabeth said...

Looks like fun! Did you make those little balls for party favors? They're great!

Tiffany said...

Sarri- Yes, I'm lovin' this mama gig! :)

Liz- Those balls were the most fun I've had with scraps yet! And, they were pretty easy!

TheFiveDays said...

LOVE that last shot!!! :)