I love this stage with Sydney in which she says really cute things all day, but you can actually communicate with her and understand all that she says (that isn't one of her made up words).
Some of my favorite Sydneyisms from the past week:
- A few days ago as Elias was red-gummed and unhappy, I was trying to do my new Jillian Michaels workout video (that is a whole post of its own) and he kept crawling over to me and crying on my shoe or pulling on my yoga pants leg. I said, "Mister, can you let Mama finish up her workout video?!" Sydney came marching in, with yogurt all over her face, put her hand on her no-nonsense hip and said, "You two need to be nice to eachozer."
- Sydney and I were coloring while Elias was still napping, dinner was cooking and Daddy was almost home. I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up. "Hmm...a daddy." I couldn't get out of her why.
- The other day I was asking her if she remembered when Elias was born and Gramma and Grampa Jim came to stay with her and they pushed her on her new swing. She said yes and then, with just as much excitement, "And remember when we went to see Grampa Jim in the hospital when he was just a tiny baby?" hmm. She is a real believer in the circle of life because she also talks about when she was the mama and I was the tiny baby.
- We were trying to get out the door one morning and I told Sydney we needed to get moving, to which she replied "Mom, I'm too busy! I'm too busy coloring this picture for Grampy!"
- If I ever ask her to carry anything in from the car, she says while shrugging her shoulders, "I can't, Mom. I don't have any hands."
- Nick sings Amazing Grace to Sydney sometimes before bed, which she calls "Gracie's Song" for her cousin, and the other day she was dancing around the yard singing her version: "I once was lost, but now I found my mama" and she'd hug me. A new twist on of of my favorite hymns.

2 comments:
Awww, she is so sweet! And adorable ! I love the workout one especially...ha! My daughter Natalie also likes to talk about me being a baby and her being the mommy. She used to say (I think when she was three?) "one day when you're a baby and I'm a mommy, I'll take good care of you." :)
I love this girl!
It looks like Elmo is quite the good listener! Also, the new version of Amazing Grace is so sweet!
Post a Comment