Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Where we've been

I've really fallen down on the blogging job lately, sorry. This is in part due to Elias' great love of my laptop. Every time I try to use it, he squeals and crawls on over to pull up on the ottoman and bang on the keys. He actually took off with an arrow key when I wasn't looking yesterday. Anyway, this has made it a bit more challenging to blog. And, embarrassingly, when the kids have been asleep simultaneously lately I've been on this crazy ebay hunt for awesome jeans for mostly free. It was kind of an addiction, but my sis told me she found me a great pair of jeans at Goodwill last week. woohoo! Addiction over.
.
We've just been doing our thing around here--play dates, mom's group, errands etc--but I've been finding so much happiness in all of those mundane things. I'm just so thankful for these little monkeys and the daily fun it is to spend my time with them. Here is a photo journal of what we've been up to recently.
little brother waiting for big sister to wake up and play

Elias has recently confused yogurt with hair gel.
Does this capture a one-year old's birthday or what? She's sort of interested, but sister and cousin are being SUPER helpful on the presents. Sarah also has a great picture over on her blog of Sydney snagging Cate's b-day candle for a good lick.

the birthday dance party
This is pretty much how you can find Sydney all the time right now: coloring.
Can you see it? If you look closely, there is a little tooth there.

Sydney is apparently planning a trip to Europe or perhaps a world tour.

This is what I found when I peeked out of the kitchen while making dinner the other night.
Elias and his buddy chillin' at the dinner table.
Someone lost his battle against nap time...
and ended up sleeping on his toes.

5 comments:

amy said...

tiffany, i love, love, love these photos! such a sweet life you're living right now. your kids are so lucky to have a mother who relishes in these beautiful moments of daily simplicity. love and miss you!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for your sweet note, Amy. Miss and love you too!

j said...

Such great pics, Tif! My favorite (and Jon's) is the one of Elias sleeping on his toes.

Heather said...

Life with kids is sweet isn't it?!?!? Glad you are taking such delight in your little ones.

love you!

Annemarie said...

Oh, look at these sweet kiddos. Reminds me of my peanuts last year in Pullman . . . your girl and boy are similar ages to mine.

Miss you, friend.