Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I'm so thankful for my husband for so many reasons, but most of all I am thankful for our sweet kiddos who look so much like him and who will hopefully inherit some of his even-keeled goodness.
.
I am so thankful that he dotes on our little girl and makes her feel so loved and cherished. Any event with daddy is a big event and it makes me so happy to see her just wiggle with joy while in the spotlight of his attention. I am fairly confident Daddy's adoration of her will help her survive puberty with her soul intact. And even though Elias is still a baby, I'm excited to see him watch his daddy with those big blue eyes and learn the art of being strong, yet gentle, smart, but wise, manly yet nurturing. I haven't the foggiest idea how to teach a little man these things, but I'm fairly sure that most of what our kids learn is through watching us and those around us, so much more than listening to our lectures.
.
It was a lovely day full of golf (aka that which makes Nick oh so happy), relaxing family time and a huge feast for dinner featuring flank steak in Nick's special marinade. I don't think there is anything tastier and it was the perfect way to celebrate my favorite fella.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great pictures of Nick with the kids. He is such a good Daddy! And what a scrumptious dinner you prepared for him in honor of Father's Day. Yum!