Monday, August 16, 2010

summer cold

We have the nasty summer cold that has been roaming the Palouse (see sad picture of Elias above). sigh. So, we spent this weekend laying low and resting as a family, which turned out to be lovely except that I had to change my shirt 3 times a day due to its being smeared with baby snot.
.
Being home for the weekend as a family got me thinking and crafting. I realized that slowing down and spending most of a weekend in the Treefort is a really good thing sometimes and perhaps we should do this when we aren't all feeling lousy. We read, we played wii, we bbq'd sausages, I thrashed around in my knitting reserves and got a project going, Sydney watched classic Mickey Mouse episodes on Nick's laptop, Nick rescued us from the recycling deathtrap in the basement... Yesterday afternoon Sydney looked up from her snack to say, "Daddy, are you going to stay home wiss us forever?!" I began a new vest for Elias with some yarn leftover from a failed sweater attempt. It is my first experiment with cables and I'm all giddy right now because I've figured out something new. Or, maybe I'm giddy because the kids are asleep, the house is clean, the laundry is done and I know what I'm making for dinner. A rare moment, indeed!

2 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.