Thursday, November 11, 2010

for Kassia

Have you ever had a friend that you are pretty darn sure was a direct answer to prayer? Well, Kassia is one of those friends for me. I pretty literally pounced on her at church the first Sunday she was there in all of her beautifulness and with her two darling boys with big, round chocolate brown eyes. I had been praying for more young families to come to our church, specifically stay-at-home-mamas like me. And, voila (after months and months of prayer, mind you) in walked Kassia, my soul friend. Within a month of knowing her she had talked me to the other side of a big hurt with her amazing listening skills and rare wisdom and left me the most consoling message I received after my Grammy died. (I still have it saved in my voice mail, big sap that I am.) Yeah, see? I told you she was a special gift to me. Since then we've enjoyed hours of walks, talks on the phone with our rambunctious monkeys in the background, shared meals, shared tears, and lots of smiling over the tops of our kiddos' little heads in church.
My sweet Kassia's b-day was a few weeks ago, and one of these little purses is for her. I can't decide which one, so I'll let her pick. I accidentally printed out the pattern for the smaller one at the wrong size (thus the lip-gloss, keys, coin purse, cell phone only type of storage space), but sometimes I really like a tiny purse to kind of flaunt the fact that there are for sure no diapers or crackers or baby toys with me on my outing.

Love you, Kass!

Oh, the pattern is the Buttercup Bag from Made by Rae. I'm thinking of buying a license to sell them since they are stinking fun to make and can be sewn with a baby boy in your lap. He's very proud of our handiwork today. I'm convinced he's crying right now because he doesn't want to give them away.

3 comments:

j said...

"but sometimes I really like a tiny purse to kind of flaunt the fact that there are for sure no diapers or crackers or baby toys with me on my outing."


I so love this (and my little bird clutch that I use for just this purpose--made by you, of course)!

amy said...

they're both fantastic, tif! i would have a hard time deciding between the two, they're so darn cute! so glad you have a kassia in your life! :)

Tiffany said...

Thanks ladies! I'm also blessed to have a Jackie and an Amy in my life!