Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Prodigal Kitty (sort of)

We had a kitty a few years ago that we rescued from the side of the highway one fine fall morning. We called him Mr. Darcy, even though he had a very latino little mustache. Well, tonight we went for a little family stroll after dinner and all of the sudden we came across...dun du du du (this is my drumroll)...Mr. D! I cheered and Nick tentatively called out "Mr. D, is that you?" Mr. Darcy did not respond, but I am positive that our kitty is still alive and well. We introduced Sydney to him and continued our walk.

You may be wondering how we lost our found kitty. Well, we were getting ready to go to Seattle for Micah's first birthday and Mr. Darcy went out to play and didn't come back in before we left. By the time we came back he had apparently given us up for dead. We had a few glimpses of him around the neighborhood in the following months. (I once hopped out of a sort of moving car yelling Mr. Darcy!!! as I ran across the street and got down on my knees in a stranger's driveway.) But, we gave up on finding him and I was then pregnant and not so much caring about having two pets in the house while naseous.

If Mr. Darcy comes to the door, we will kill the fatted calf, or at least crack open a can of tuna, and throw a party for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jason said...

I always enjoy a good kitty story, maybe someday Mr. D will find his way back home.

Oh - and I think that Saturday for dinner will work - if that still works for you!

Elizabeth said...

That last post was me, even though it says Jason.

Tiffany said...

Hi Mr. Wireless. While I'm glad you enjoyed the story of my lost kitty, I'd prefer you not use my blog as an advertisement for your Brazilian wireless services. My readers are in the US and won't be able to take advantage of your services. Thank you.