Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Welcome to Retirement, Dad!



My dad has retired as a successful and much-loved CPA after many years, many tax seasons and many long hours. We all flew down to celebrate the occassion and completely surprise Dad with our visit and his big party. I was so focused on the surprise and the fact that I was going to have to speak to a room full of grown ups in honor of Dad that I forgot to think about how fun it would be to be together again. I love being with my family, especially at my parents' house...ahh.

It was also lovely to get a taste of real, live springtime! It was so lush and green and the flowers were in bloom and we got to go for walks in crisp sunshine. It was fantastic. When Sydney and I flew into Spokane yesterday, all I could see was snow and as we made the eternal, superhuman trek to the car in the freezing wind with my bag, her bag, her carseat, my purse, her stroller and of course, sweet Sydney stuffed into the little tray on the cart that I think my purse was supposed to go in, I thought, why are we coming back home again??? But the sun is out and both Phoebe and Sydney are napping as I sit here in my pjs with my hair all wacky. The floor is clean, so I can pretend the whole house is clean and I'm happy to be in our little house after a wonderful visit with my precious family.

No comments: