Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ah birthday


So, I thought I'd reached an age when birthdays just weren't going to be quite as much fun. Well, I was wrong once again: this year was one of my dearest birthdays yet.

Part of the fun was that it lasted over a week since Nick and I went away the weekend before. Then, my parents came into town--when was the last time I spent my birthday with my mom and dad? And who can provide love and attention and kitchen help and babysitting and good conversation all in one visit, quite like my parents? Sydney was frantically happy to have them here and her elation added to my fun (oh and the four spare hands to help me keep track of miss busy bee). Besides a birthday breakfast with my family, I was able to go out to a yummy dinner with some of my best girls in this little part of the world and that alone was much to celebrate. Looking around the table and seeing women I love and really know and can't wait to know more of, was such a blessing.


On top of the local love, I received so many sweet notes and phone calls from old and dear friends, that left me feeling so spoiled and loved. It was marvelous. Just today, one more card came with such sweet words of encouragement and appreciation from a girl whose presence I miss so much as we live away from Seattle. I feel so incredibly blessed this year by my friends and family and can't wait to work to make life and my relationships even richer in the next year. Yay for birthdays!

1 comment:

TheFiveDays said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY!