Sydney inflicted her first love wound on poor little Elias yesterday. She was showing him her new clothes from ebay and telling him "These are big kid clothes that you can wear when you're big like me!" I was thinking how darn sweet my little life was when I heard a bap! and Elias started screaming. I ran over and asked Sydney as calmly and sweetly as I could what had happened, but she was completely heartbroken and started sobbing and shaking her head no. I then held two crying kids for quite some time as a little red mark appeared on the smaller one's eye.
This morning Sydney was loving on Baby 'Lias and I reminded her to be gentle and how sad she had felt yesterday when she accidentally hurt him. She got this really somber look on her face and quietly said, "And Phoebe is with Jesus." I think she was cataloguing what is sad in her little life and those were the two she could think of: she had inadvertently hurt her precious baby brother and our sweet dog is no longer with us. I love her innocence and want it to last forever.
1 comment:
This is so sad and sweet at the same time. Have you read _Einstein's Dreams_? It is a terrific book about the dreams Einstein is imagined to have had whilst working out his theory of relativity. It is the PERFECT read for a busy mom like you, because most of the dreams are quite short, so you can read for just a bit at a time. And one of the dreams was about a place that was circular and the closer you got to the center, the slower time moved, until at the very center time almost stood still. And who would go to the center, the book asked. New lovers and parents with young children.
You gotta read it.
Post a Comment