Nick found our sweet Phoebe dog in the flower bed this morning. I am full of remorse that I didn't give her more love these last months, but I gave her lots of water yesterday and would like to think that somehow eased her passing.
Phoebe was a wonderful dog--so sweet and affectionate and always glad to go for a walk. She didn't necessarily love little kids, but she would tolerate them with patience.
My first year teaching in Pullman, Phoebe was a major part of my emotional survival. I would come home every day and we'd go for a long walk together and by the time we got back, my worries had faded away. She has been Nick's companion for over 10 years and I know she helped him through some rough times before I met him. He is a sad boy today and I wish I knew how to comfort him.
I don't know what I'll tell Sydney, either.
Farewell, sweet pup! We loved you and hope you enjoyed living at the treefort, even after those pesky kids took some of your spot in our hearts.
6 comments:
So sad to hear of Phoebe's passing. She was such a sweet and gentle dog - and I'm not even a dog person! I know today must be really hard for all of you, especially Nick. What does Sydney think?
Oh! How sad! I bet Nick is having a hard time! Give him a hug for me! Like Heather, I am not really a dog person either but Phoebe was such a great dog! So sad...
Awwh, sorry guys. She was a sweetie, and she had a great life.
Oh Tiffany, I'm so sorry to hear about Phoebe. Sending love to your family and wise words to tell Sydney. XOXOXO Annemarie
Oh, this made me cry, and I didn't even know your sweet Phoebe. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
Thanks for your kind words, everyone!
Post a Comment