Some sweet friends/clients gave Nick two tickets to the Lion King, so he and Sydney went on a special trip to see it together yesterday. I'm not sure who was looking forward to it more, but I am sure that they watched the online preview of it approximately 157 times before the actual event. For days before they went she would ask, "I get to go on a trip with Daddy and see the ballet?!" And every time I answered yes she would squeal or dance in joy. 

We went to Ross and bought Sydney an event dress for $12, knowing that after she wears it to the Lion King, Nutcracker and two Christmases, it will then be her daily twirl and dance dress. It will have paid for itself in Sydney joy by January 1. I must say that my man dresses up so nice. And yes, Sydney is wearing her fairy wings for the pictures and yes they went to Spokane with them. Don't fairy wings go with everything?!
You may be asking what poor little Elias and I did while they were off at an extravagant event? Don't feel sorry for us! We took long naps and stayed in our jammies and sewed and glued and sipped tea. It was a wonderful day for us all!
2 comments:
So so so cute! Daddy daughter dates are the best, and at home mama days can't be beat either.
What a special date for Sydney and Nick. I'm sure they will both remember it for a very long time. I'm loving the wings as well! Nice touch Sydney!
Post a Comment