

(this year's self-family-portrait was a flop as one of our members was "not in the mood")



It's wonderful to have special places that you return to as a family. Places to mark the years and changes by, places to escape to and revel in. Well, Nick's family's cabin didn't disappoint this year. We got a late start, but it was enough time to completely relax and escape and be fully together. I think that was my favorite part of the trip--just being all in the same place for several hours at a time, playing, reading, knitting...in the same little space. I loved seeing the kids waddle off in their life jackets to go fishing with Daddy and I loved watching them pull up at the dock, their chirpy voices coming in through the screen.
We were barely south of Pullman on the way to the cabin, when I looked back and Sydney and she had her giddy face on as she exclaimed, "This is so fun!" That's kind of how I felt. Just being on the way, all together, felt so good.
We were, as always, sad to leave, but we have enough scratches and bug bites to remind us of all the fun we had.
2 comments:
Ahh, that sounds so awesome. I'm very happy for you guys. There's a few pics of your baby girl where she just looks so happy. And did you say you knit? You gotta show me the basics.
I'm glad you got away and took your knitting!
Post a Comment