
Sydney's swim lessons were fun for the whole family. I loved seeing her so very happy and to see her confidence grow with each minute she was in the pool with those big girls and Elias got to play with cousin "Cake" (Cate) 5 days in a row, mostly blowing bubbles and eating crackers. The last day they took turns stomping their feet and acting fully 2.
On certain days Sydney was too petite to touch the bottom of the shallow end, but the girls who taught the class were so sweet to her and toted her short little self around the pool. Her proudest moment was reportedly jumping off the diving board, even though one of her teachers pretty much tossed her to the one in the water (see photos). I'm all for whatever makes her feel strong and proud.





Finally, a year and a half after Sydney first saw those Irish dancers at the mall and we thought we had to get her into a dance class ASAP, Sydney took her first little dance class. I know very little of what went on in the class since Sydney girl does not like to share details on the ride home. When I ask her about activities she says, "Mom, I'm busy eating my snack. I'll tell you when we get home." But she never tells me. Once this kid starts school, I'll know nothing of her life. sigh. But, I do know that when we watched the little show at the end of class today, she had her shy/proud smile on that warms my heart.
1 comment:
I don't even know you, I found your blog just a couple of weeks ago, and your family warms my heart. I love your children the same way I love my nieces and nephews--such a proud auntie I am!! Thanks for letting us into your lives.
Post a Comment