My friend Julie, who fought cancer for 5 years, has left her battle-scarred body behind. As I cried at the news, I was also smiling because I know that if anyone is in heaven, it's Julie, and she lived even the last days of her life with grace, strength and dignity. What a feat!
Her life goal since the final prognosis came, was to make it to her little boy's first day of kindergarten. Friday was his first day of school and she was there with him for photos and meeting the teacher, encouraging her brave boy into this next phase of life. This was pretty much the last thing she did. A few days later and she's gone.
This community is mourning her something fierce and I can't imagine the more poignant grief of her husband and babes. But I am in awe of her strength and her resolve to make it to her goal. I am in awe of the power of prayer, because hundreds of people were praying for her to make it to Friday as she did. Her little man has that gift for the rest of his days. What a testament to the woman she was and the amazing mom she was. Julie, you are missed. Light up heaven for us.
1 comment:
Amazing. Saying prayers for your friend today.
Post a Comment