Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Better

I'm so good at guilt--it's one of my few talents. Everytime I complain, I feel guilty and then think about how incredibly blessed I am. So, I am back for a brief moment of thankfulness after my cabin fever nuttiness. I am thankful for:

  • NPR: On days when I feel a little alone, npr always cheers me up. They have the most interesting stories and all of the announcers have such nice manners (except Terry Gross, sometimes, who cannot hide her disdain of religion). I always feel like I'm in the presence of wise friends.
  • My newish snow boots. I have looked for boots every year we have lived here and have returned everything due to some fit flaw. These were at TJ Maxx, are cute, are Merrills with a nice hiking sole and I really think there is little chance of Sydney and I falling down in these on the way to the car. phew.
  • I love, as always, living in our little town. Sydney and I went to the post office and grocery store and I felt like we visited good friends.
  • That although God did not send me a new Amy or Jenny, he did send me Juli. Now if Juli would just quit her job so we could play...
  • Grilled cheese sandwiches. I swear there is a magic happy potion in those things. I think it might be called butter.
  • The telephone. I called my sister in law and had a nice chat and feel more like myself again. phew.
  • New music: We were able to go to a movie (Juno) while home for C-mas and I bought the soundtrack last night. It's such happy, silly music...
  • Long naps. Sydney took a nice long morning nap and is back down again after dashing all over the house on her knees in between. I will now finish our Christmas and birthday thank you notes...
  • Sisters. just because...here's a pic

1 comment:

Kari said...

Butter make me very happy.