So I've just spent the past two hours goofing around looking at crafty/mommy blogs. I've realized I'm totally a blogging poser. I love doing crafty stuff (the past few days have been a flurry of fabric around here) but will most likely never be a famous craft blogger. Nor will my little blog be linked to a magazine for countless other mommies to read and giggle at and gain strength from. But! The good news is that when Sydney goes to sleep and Nick is not in a visiting mood, I can disappear into the magical land of craft blogs and pretend that I am cool like them. And, even better, I can bookmark their blogs and get fresh inspiration for new projects after this flurry has passed. One of my new faves is all about food with yummy recipes and beautiful pictures.
Most blogs I skimmed this evening had something in them about the weather--how it is yucky, from Seattle to Michigan. I think I might be crazy, but when one of them said something about spring and I somehow ended up on a clothing site at one point with a new spring line, I felt anxious because I don't want spring to come. I'm sure this will pass, but even now that the snow has turned to crusty yuck around here, I'm loving winter this year. Sydney and I went out for a walk today, her in the offroad stroller, me in the yak tracks and I came home just overflowing with happiness. Cold, clear sunny days, no matter what the snow looks like make me oh so happy. I think it's from all of those winters in Seattle when a sunny day made everyone seem like they were on lots of happy drugs. The combo of cold and bright is just so lovely. And I swear endorphins from exercise flow better when you are outdoors. I do not get this giddy after an indoor session of pilates or karen voight aerobics, no matter what the weather is like.
Anyway, I have to get back to spying on the real bloggers before I start to get sleepy. I'm an old woman before my time I tell ya.
3 comments:
Did you check out "Crafty Mama" from my site? Did I tell you she only lives 1 hour & 17 minutes away from your town? (thanks mapquest!) We'll have to all get together when I travel out there in a couple months....
Why yes, I have visited her blog and she seems like a great person. I'd love to see you and meet your lovely friend when you come out!
She has lots of great craft site links.... I told her all about your blog too, so she's checked it out and now you guys are both officially stalkers on eachothers blogs. heh heh.
Post a Comment