Monday, June 15, 2009

Maybe...

A sweet friend came by last week and on top of a lovely loaf of banana bread, gave me the sweetest gifts that gave me a little bit of hope that I will one day be my crafty self again.

First, she knit Elias (she is the queen bee of knitting) this most beautiful sweater.

And, she thoughtfully left the snaps off so I could feel as though I had some part in making such a lovely sweater for my little man. (okay, it was really because she wanted to make sure it fit correctly.)

She also gave me the pattern from Wee Wonderfuls to make this cute rocket boy and robot for Elias, to go with his rocket ship curtains.
And, she gave me this pattern by Liesl & Co for A Day in the Park Backpack Tote, which is a pattern I've had in my mind, but could not find in my googling.

These little bits of encouragement led me to make Elias a fabric-covered baby album in the remaining moments of Sydney's nap two days in a row. (from this tutorial)

And, finally, her visit inspired me to make an outing that made me feel a bit more like myself. Elias and I went out by ourselves to the farmer's market and the boutiquey fabric shop in Moscow to get fun fabrics for the patterns she brought. I was exhausted and sore by the time we got home, but the sunshine and pastry and fun time running into friends gave me such a boost. So, life is not back to "normal"(nor would I want to go back) but it's so encouraging to see bits of my old self coming back!

4 comments:

TheFiveDays said...

Baby Elias is here!!! Congratulations!! Things have been so busy here and my laptop died, so my time online has been severely restricted. I've been thinking about you though and am so happy he has arrived safe and sound! And what a gorgeous little guy he is...a little piece of heaven. :)

I love the little picture of you, him, and Sydney when she said "look, two babies!" How adorable is she?

Enjoy...

~Tamie

Sarah Murphy-Kangas said...

Congratulations, Tiffany! If you're able to blog right now, you will certainly be crafting soon :)

Tiffany said...

Thanks Tamie for your sweet note (I wish your sweet self lived closer so we could meet at the park or something).

And, thanks Leftoverist (you sound so official!) for the encouragement!

Connie said...

What a nice post! Here I was feeling bad that I didn't bring you dinner...