Wednesday, June 24, 2009

oh happy day


Today has been one of the best days with two kiddos. We've played in the yard, made granola, got some laundry done...I even got to sew for a little bit this morning while Elias napped and Sydney played happily in our closets and then read a book for quite a while. yay! It's amazing how well things can go if everyone is somewhat well rested and in a good mood. (Yesterday was not this lovely and I was ready to throw in the towel by 8:30 a.m. after changing 4 poopy diapers in about 10 minutes and no one was in a good mood around here.)

And, I found out today that my closest friend here will NOT be moving away at the end of the summer as I had feared. I had been preparing myself for months, thinking that Sydney and I would be losing our favorite play buddies and that we'd have to learn to be okay. I already pictured trying to comfort miss Sydney when she cried for her little friend. But, my friend's fab husband landed a teaching job in a market that is barely hiring. I'm so proud of him and so very happy for us all!

And, the icing on the little cake that today has become...my baby sis is here visiting for a few days, so neither Sydney nor Elias will be wanting for attention and maybe mommy can sneak in a nap here or there. Or, simply stay in a positive, energetic mood for a whole day! yahoo!

No comments: