Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary

to my sweet sis and my wonderful brother in law, who have been married 10 years today! How can my little sister be old enough to have been married ten whole years?

I remember when Heather first told me that she "kind of liked" this guy Steve and that they were "hanging out". I was in Europe and I freaked out because Heather had never dated, despite the trail of puppy-dog eyed boys who adored her all through high school. I was a bit worried that my sweet, small town sis had begun dating in the big city while I, her protector, was in Europe. I sent out spies to find out who this guy was and it came back that he was an SMC(spiritual leader guy prone to be a cheeseball with a neatly tucked in shirt, yikes). But my spies reported that "he actually seems cool" and when I met him for the first time in the SUB I couldn't believe how cool he was, like could be in a Seattle band kind of cool. My boy crazy friend ambled up as he walked away and wanted to know who I was talking to. I gladly reported, "My sister's boyfriend."

And oh happy day 10 years ago when they got married on a wonderful summer day in our hometown. They looked like cake toppers, those two.

And now, I am even happier since my prince so loves my brother in law that I say they are twins separated at birth. They enjoy eachother's company so much that before we get together with my family I remind Nick who he is married to and request that he at least say hi to his spouse a few times during the visit. What a blessing to have my sis marry someone that we all love, not just like.

We love you guys! Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on loving each other this long and still being so very perfect for each other!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awww! How nice of you to honor us on our anniversary with a blog post! It was fun to recount how Steve and I met and how you responded to my first boyfriend (and now husband!). Thank you for blessing us with your kind and witty words on our special 10 year celebration!

love you!