We played hooky/hookie/hukee(how does one spell that anyway?) from church on Sunday and piled in the car and drove to Spokane so Mommy could go to Target for a new non-stretchy skirt that is not maternity (woot woot) and Daddy could spend his B & N gift card. It was lovely. Miss spiritual in the backseat chanted, "I want to go to church. I don't want to go to Spokane" about half way there, but she had nearly as much fun as Mom and Dad did once we got there. Running and squealing in Target is great fun as is trying to climb the plastic shelving in B & N
After our shopping, we went to Huckleberry's (the yummy co-op) and got a picnic lunch and tried to drive to this park nearby, but instead took a lovely tour of the neighborhoods until the chorus of "I'm hungry! I'm tired! I want dinner!" from the backseat caused us to pull over in a greenway for a roadside picnic. It was lovely. I lay in the grass with Elias while Sydney and Nick chased a beautiful butterfuly and then Nick read one of his new books, while I chased Sydney and tickled her until she couldn't breathe. 
As we pulled away from our picnic spot (and saw the park we'd been searching for a mere block away) I told Nick that when our kiddos are all grown up, this may be one of those moments we come back to and cherish as idyllic. 

2 comments:
I am always saying to hubby, "this is what I thought it would be like" when we have those kind of moments. He says "it is like this, just not all the time."
I love the photos of your special Sunday outing. What a fun family day..as a family of four! Elias looks so much more like a baby now, and less like a newborn. His features are emerging and he is sure handsome with his dark hair! I just want to squeeze him! Sydney is also as beautiful as ever as she twirls in the summer sunshine!
Post a Comment