Monday, March 29, 2010

a bit of wisdom you've been waiting for

I have recently discovered that if you eat sweet goodies just about every day, bake up a storm of flour, sugar and butter for several months, and exercise only mostly regularly, you will add some winter padding in the spots you least desire it. Yes, even if you are nursing a big bundle of chub. sigh.

So, in the spirit of the last week of Lent, and in the spirit of being good friends with my favorite jeans once again, I am not having ANY sweets this week. Not even little palmfuls of chocolate chips or a yellow skittle from Sydney's potty treats (she never chooses yellow) or the Easter candy that I don't like (somehow I always feel like that doesn't count). I have made it a whole day and I'm still a mostly happy girl.

But, chocolate just makes life so much better, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'll join you! No sweets this week for me either.

Heather said...

I'm impressed! I don't think I could do it. How is your no sugar journey going?

Tiffany said...

Heather, my fellow sweets-lovin' sis, after day 1 or 2, it's really not that hard. It's the first day that nearly killed me and all I could think about was treats.