I feel like Christmas this year is the kind of Christmas you just might wish for your whole life. We were able to celebrate early with my family with snow and sledding and there is no better way to launch the Christmas season. From then on we were all aglow with anticipation and holiday cheer around here.
I hope you all had a blessed Christmas that left you full of smiles and butter to work off in the new year.
Christmas morning this year was the first time I've "crafted" the Christmas morning scene with cookies for Santa, the kids big present nestled up with stockings with things I knew they'd love peeking out the top. I'm not sure who was more excited on Christmas Eve, me or little miss "is it Christmas eve?!" for 20 something days. I know I'm well into my thirties and all, but being the mama that set up Christmas instead of the kiddo waiting expectantly in bed made me feel like a real, live grown up this year. It brought me incredible joy to get it all just right and then to have my sleepy eyed babes come out and squeal with glee.











We had so much fun celebrating out at Nick's parents in the middle of farmland with the tiniest bits of snow on the ground. Nick's mom is an incredible hostess and we were spoiled rotten with goodies and food and presents galore. It was fabulous. And the sounds of little kids full of Christmas glee, running around in pj feet at Grandma's house is hard to beat.
I hope you all had a blessed Christmas that left you full of smiles and butter to work off in the new year.
1 comment:
Love your pictures and all your thoughts about Christmas. It was magical at our house too. We're planning a Pullman visit over MLK weekend so hope to see you . . . miss you, friend.
Post a Comment