For my valentine's day/birthday present, Nick reserved a night for the babes at Grandma and Papaw's and a night for us at our favorite little hotel, The Montvale. To make it even sweeter, he bought us tickets to go see David Gray, whose music we fell in love to.
I'll admit, I was a little stressed about the expense of a getaway when I've been really trying to keep us on budget. But, then I remembered that every time Nick wants to get away, I worry about the price. And, then once we are off, I never worry about it again because the time alone with my main man is absolutely priceless.
We had such fun! We ate lunch at Luna, our favorite little bistro type place. Oh the joy of eating a nice meal, with no one asking me for anything or trying to climb into my lap! We wandered downtown, Nick kindly let me run free in TJMax and the Rack for a bit, we ate more yummy food, we wandered a bookstore aimlessly...am I painting a picture of heaven for you? Well, it was glorious.
We came back so refreshed and ready to dive back in to real life again. I am so thankful for my guy, for this time together and for the reminder of those days that laid the foundation for our forever. It's so important to have that kind of crazy-in-love start because you need those memories to sustain you through the bleary eyed baby years. I am one lucky woman.
2 comments:
yay for your night off. good job, nick! so glad you let yourself enjoy and revel in that time alone with your husband, tif!
Sounds wonderful! It is amazing how refreshed and happy some "time off" with your husband can make you. :)
Post a Comment