Wednesday, September 30, 2009

ah sibling love

I've been thinking this is pretty great for a while, but it's reaching new heights lately. My kids absolutely adore each other. If Sydney walks in Elias' line of sight, the boy lights up--kicking, arms waving, grinning, talking.... Sydney pretty much wants to love on him constantly and I am often asked to put him down or sit down so I can hold "two babies." They play together on the play mat. They laugh at each other while I bake and cook. Does it get any better than your two babies giggling at each other while you make something yummy? ahh. I wonder how long this will last.
Today I asked Sydney who her very favorite person was. Her reply: "Um, Baby 'lias, me, Mommy and Daddy." I wasn't expecting a ranked list (or maybe we all tie?) and I can't decided if putting herself in the #2 spot is a sign of selfish or selfless ness. Either way, it was precious. I will probably have to remind her of this in a few years. or months. For now, they are priceless together.

Elias, obviously thrilled with the honor of holding Binkie Baby.

3 comments:

Sarri said...

So, so, so sweet! As an only child, the sibling bond constantly amazes me. The good news for you- my kids (9,6,3) are fiercely protective of each other. Yes, they have their moments, but I would definitely say they are the best of friends. It's awesome.

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the encouragment, Sarri! I am hoping their affection lasts a long, long time, even when sharing comes into play.

mvpjmp said...

This is so very sweet!