Sunday, September 13, 2009

the fair!

Elias peekin' out of the baby carrier

We took the kiddos to the fair last night and had a great time. I didn't get pics of Sydney's favorite part, "the horsey show" (rodeo), because I was involved in an extreme nursing situation in which not-so-sober and not-so-thin people were climbing over me in search of seats down our aisle at the top of the bleachers while the audience was standing, singing, "I'm proud to be an American." One guy next to us had his hands raised as though it was a praise song--eyes closed and everything. We are definitely not in Seattle anymore, folks.
.
But, Sydney LOVED the horsey show and her $4 corn dog and watching all of the people. We spent most of our time in the animal section, so she could pet kittens and bunnies and ooh and ah at the cows and sheep. She informed us on the way home that she is going to ride Papaw's horses like the big girls in the horsey show when she is a big girl. And, her last words before bed were, "Dad, that was a fun horsey show."
.
Elias loves looking around at all the action out of the baby carrier and one little girl said, "I like your baby" as we walked by.
.
I'm really glad we went, but next year we will get to the rodeo early to get a good seat and I will find an excuse to go to the bathroom or get another corn dog during the American praise song time.

1 comment:

TheFiveDays said...

LOL! Sounds like a fun and...interesting...time! I bet it was a highlight of Sydney's summer. Did she get to milk a goat or a cow?!?

~Tamie