Sunday, September 13, 2009

We did it!

the space between them was where I was sleeping
The kids and I went--by ourselves--to Seattle to visit my sisters and nephews this week. They are fantastic travelers; we only made one ten-minute stop on the way there. But, traveling alone and sleeping in a room with two kiddos, was a bit tougher than I was expecting. I was envisioning me and my sisters sitting around chatting for hours, sipping tea while my kids were asleep, but alas this just wasn't so.
.
I'm still really glad we made it over, even if I came home exhausted and really wanting more sister time. This trip reinforced, yet again, that we definitely need our daddy guy around. Sydney missed him terribly and cried every night we were there because she wanted him to tuck her in. By the end of each day, I kind of felt the same way.
.
I somehow didn't manage to get any pictures of Sydney and Micah playing together so well or of the boys being so intruiged by our little man. Micah was my big boy helper and Levi thought Elias was a really cool moving toy. Perhaps when we go over in a few weeks, with daddy, I'll do a better job of capturing our fun.

3 comments:

amy said...

hi tif! i'm glad you were able to make it out to seattle. and i'm so glad we were able to meet up for coffee. it was all too short, of course, but what a delight to meet your precious little boy and get some good visiting time in with you. love you!

Tiffany said...

Oh, Amy, I'm SO glad Elias and I got to meet you for coffee! It did my soul good to get fab coffee in a lovely coffee shop with a beautiful friend. Thanks for making time for us on your holiday! We love you! I think I may buy some Aveda for when I miss you...

mvpjmp said...

Wow, I'm so proud of you for doing this trip sans hubby. Sorry it wasn't more relaxing.

--tina