Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Parade

Liz, Hazel, me and Sydney showing off the joys of pink snowsuits

I wrote about this last year, but once again I am so enjoying the sense of wonder that a little one adds to the season. We went down to the Christmas parade last night and as we approached, Sydney started yelling, "Waving!" with such urgency. She was so excited about the people waving at us from the floats. Not the Christmas lights; not the music; not the candy being thrown at us (although she did enjoy her first candy cane), but all the friendly people waving is what got her excited. Having our little miss around really helps me celebrate the small things, especially since she repeats her excitement until you mirror it. I can't wait to see what other small surprises the season holds for us. Right now what I'm most excited for is Christmas morning in our little house with the three of us waking up and opening our stockings and drinking coffee and cocoa together as a little family.

No comments: